Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Begonias and pineapple

Not so long ago I was complaining to Lovely that she was getting too old and that I couldn't fool her anymore. All that changed one day while we were at one of Shamoopie's gigs. Shamoopie plays in a new age band which brings out the blue hairs in droves.

Lovely and I were sitting together to watch the show with the audience. Usually we watch the show from backstage or the side of the stage but this time we sat in the audience since it was an outdoor show.

During the show Lovely turns to me and says "I smell pineapple". I turned to her and with a straight face told her that was the old people sitting to our left in the shade of the trees. She questioned me once and I answered her back with a question. "What direction is the smell coming from?" She said "Over there". I asked and what is over there and she said, "old people". So she agreed that old people could smell like pineapple. I also tried to convince her that sometimes they smell like Ben Gay or peppermint but she wasn't so sure about that but she did witness the pineapple smelling old people.

Later after the gig we were discussing it again in the car on the way home and of course Shamoopie wounld not let it ride that old people smelled like pineapple. She had to spill the beans. Shamoopie was the one who ruined my begonias by telling Lovely that begonias don't have a smell. I had Lovely convinced that my gas smelled of begonias, well sort of.

Anyway, I was happy that I still was able to convince Lovely of something even if it was only for a short time.

No comments:

Google

Google