Monday, July 2, 2007

Watch what you call it...



This looks like and ordinary remote control but when Lovely (my daughter) was younger than she is now I used to call it my "Manhood". Lovely was not allowed to touch daddy's manhood. Since Daddy was the "King" of his castle there was not going to be to any Barney on TV as long as he could help it.

So the rule was put into place and it wasn't broken. Until one night when daddy let Lovely watch one of her shows and use the remote. All was right with the world. Lovely went to her daycare the next day and told the daycare worker about hat had happened to her last night. Lovely said she got to touch daddy's manhood last night. The day care worker asked what it looked like? She told her it was big. The worker was intrigued. How big is it?

Since Lovely doesn't like to lie she showed her. The worker was impressed and concerned at the same time. Then She asked Lovely what color is was and she told her "It's BLACK.... silly". That's when the worker was able to figure out that the"Manhood" was not what she first thought it was. My being Caucasian relieved almost all her worries about my "Manhood".

I went to go get Lovely from the daycare and I got an ear full about what I should and should not call things. You live and you learn.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Ok. I'm just laughing too hard. I never understood why parents give 'unusual' names to objects for their children instead of just using the right terms... that'll teach ya.

Fancy Pants said...

Thanks. We do it because it's fun to confuse them while you can. I personally was tortured by five uncles.

Google

Google