Friday, June 29, 2007

Don't ask...just don't


Sometimes even asking nicely isn't enough. People might be having a bad day or they just might be mean people. I am not sure witch is the case but when I met Andy Summers from the band Police a few years ago he well...

The Police were not together at the time. There were no rumors of them getting together. This, even thou Stewart Copeland was at the same show and he was very nice. A friend of mine (Damize) and I were at a Summer NAMM show. It's the National Association of Musical Merchants show that takes place twice a year. We happened to be at one in Nashville. I recognized Andy Summers. Damize thought that is was not him but I walked up to him and asked if he was and he said yes that he was indeed Andy Summers.

I then asked Damize to hold my camera and I turn to Mr. Summers and asked him if I could get my picture taken with him. He looked up at me and said "No FCUK OFF". I have cleaned it up but only a little. I was not sure if I heard him correctly so I asked him again and he repeated himself..."No FCUK OFF" and walked away.

To make a long story shorter. I never got my picture and the Police are getting back together for a world tour this year. Shamoopie and I are both fans. We have tickets that we got from Damize and we are going with him and his wife to the show in his home town.

The media have picked up on the fact that the Police are back together and they have put Mr. Summers on the cover of magazines. One such magazine is Guitar Player. Being a guitar player I happen to subscribe to that magazine. Andy was on the cover of a recent issue.

Shamoopie being the sweet and wonderful person she is met me at the door with the magazine covering her lovely face and followed me all around the house yelling ...."No FCUK OFF". Got I love that woman! She only stopped when I told her that I knew she wasn't Andy Summers because she was way too tall. :) Remember how he had to look up at me. He is a little on the short side. Later.

2 comments:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

I tease because I adore you.

Fancy Pants said...

Thanks...I love you too Shamoopie.

Google

Google