Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We're back and Happy Birthday...


Stewart Copeland had a birthday yesterday and Shamoopie and I went to help him celebrate it. I had forgotten what a great drummer he really is. The Police concert was good. I say good because it was not the highlight of the trip. It was nice to see them together as a unit. Neither Shamoopie nor I got to see them when they were together the first time.

Sting introduced Stewart and Andy Summers many times during the night but nobody introduced Sting. What's up with that? That tells me that this is not going to last. That and the fact that Andy Summers looks confused as he plays. When he was playing it sounded fine most of the time. There were a few solos that were just plain bad and a few that were not inspiring. But all in all he played well. They should not have done closeups on him when he was "supposed" to be singing. That's when he looked the most confused and it appeared that he didn't remember the words. I mean come on.."Da do do do, da dada da." How hard is that?

Andy did not play as well as Stewart or Sting. Stewart was on. Except the time he almost didn't make it back to his drum kit during a song. Oops. Other than that he played really well. He was like a machine.

The crowd in Cleveland was loud. Almost deafening at times. We were in the middle near the front. It was wild looking around the arena and seeing ll the people there.

Sting was a little flat singing at times but no one seemed to care except Shamoopie and I. Sting was playing great and was looking buff for an old guy. The people in front of us kept dancing the same drunken dance no matter what some was played or what tempo it was. One of them even spilled a drink on Shamoopie's foot. So she wiped it on his chair. I love her.

My friend Damize got us the tickets. He and his wife Dasu took us to the concert. They were nice enough to pick us up at the hotel and drives to the show. Earlier in the day Damize took us to see a baby tiger that had just been born. She was cute. I mean really cute. She was still on the bottle and we could not touch her but she was really cute. Then we met her daddy. He was not as cute and looked at me like I was lunch. I mean like I was a little afternoon snack. That was a bit scary. We left there quickly after that.

The highlight of the trip was the unexpected find we had down near the Rock and Roll hall of fame. We got to tour the USS Cod. A WWII submarine that is docked in Cleveland. Yes, I typed the word Cleveland. As in Cleveland Ohio. Who knew. I recommend the tour to anyone who likes cool WWII stuff. The kids that were on it seemed to really like the tour and it made sense out of a significant part of the wolfpack and other submarine tactics that were used in WWII.

We also went to the Rock and Roll hall of fame but it was not that interesting to me or the Shamoopie. A few guitars and some clothes mostly. I won't go back but I am glad that I went this time. The contracts and the letters were the most interesting part of the hall, to me.

Our trip is over and we flew back so I could get back to work.

Happy birthday Stewart Copeland!

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

I love old ships like that.. I guess I should hit refresh more on my computer, I thought you hadn't posted in awhile.. you got bling on my site though :)

Fancy Pants said...

You are my only fan besides the shamoopie of course!

Google

Google