Monday, March 24, 2008

Rebuilding the studio

Since we don't have an infinite source of money and I need to rebuild the recording studio, I am beginning to build the parts we need.

Shamoopie needs to start recoding her new cd. Yes there is a reason why her page is called don't take the repeats. She is a musician. I myself also play, I just don't play for a living. But I can engineer. We need somethings to help with the recording.

So....

I have begun collecting parts to build two of these:






Usually they look more like this and cost $2000 each.

So instead I am going to build them. I already have the PC boards and I am ordering the rest of the parts over the next few weeks. Some will be coming from Russia, some are coming from Australia.

The rest are coming from the US. There is only about $200 of parts in each unit. The rest is labor and marketing. The units are modified and I am using different transformers but they will work the same for what I am going to use them for which is limiting. They are limiting amplifiers anyway.

It will be fun to try anyway.

First step is to get the Man Shed ready. Right now it is full of all the things that we didn't want in the house. It must be redone and everything put into it's own place. Lovely has been informed that she will be helping. She is going to learn how to solder and what an electrical circuit is.

3 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

This is AWESOME!! No only do I want a copy of the cd when it's done, I want a photo-essay of The Process...

What a wonderful family/team effort.

xo CGF

Bubblewench said...

I'm totally amazed mr. genius. Good luck with that project! Can't wait to hear the awesome CD's that the Mrs. will be pumping out. Hell, I'd even pay for them! Gotta support the arts! :)

Fancy Pants said...

Thanks. Shamoopie is the talented one.

Google

Google