Monday, December 10, 2007

The Man Store

Many of you know that Shamoopie and I have been working on the house. Well most of the tools came from the Man Store. It's real name is Harbor Freight Tools but Lovely our eleven year old calls it Daddy's toy store or the man store.

It is truly heaven on earth for manly men who like tools and know how to use them. Now granted if I were doing home repair or construction for a living I would buy better tools. The nail gun that I have purchased for the floor is showing it's ge after only five floors. Is it dead yet....no. It was having a little trouble with the last two floors but we are done now. Five floors complete and we didn't pay $500 for a flooring nail gun.

The finishing nail gun is another story. It might not make it. We have had to replace all the molding in this house and only the downstairs is even close to being done. The gun is jamming and leaking air. It's not doing so good. But for $40 I can buy a new one and have it last at least through the work in this house. I bought my finishing nailor with a 25% off coupon that came in the mail from Harbor Freight. Even with coupons and discounts from Home Depot their nailer prices don't even come close.

You decide Home Depot vs Harbor Freight.


The one thing that I didn't skimp on was my air compressor, Porter Cable contractor grade. Awesome.

I have my eye on this crown molding stapler, Shamoopie.




Shamoopie will tell you that I have big tools in the Man Shed.




To quote her "I am surprised how many tools it takes to do this." .

She's cute.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

I have to laugh here, we have been having the same debate. There is a Harbor Freight near us now and the ads are obviously much cheaper then some we see from the HD or Lowes. I'm glad you said something about the compressor though cause that was one of the items we have been talking about.

I'm so showing HM this post so he has some idea of HF vs. HD.

Thanks!

Fancy Pants said...

Glad I could help.

Google

Google