Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Crappy Hilton Garden Inn

Shamoop and I stay at the worst Hilton Garden Inn ever. We usually like them and I have a Hilton Honors card.

This time it was crap.

We went to the one in Savannah and booked the room in advance because we needed the extra space since we took Lovely and the baby. Our logic was that Lovely could have the front room and we would be in the back with the baby.

No such luck. They didn't have a non-smoking suite when we arrived. Did we reserve one, yes. Did they save us one. Well....no. She sends me upstairs to look at the smoking suite and a regular room. The regular room is the size of our closet and she offered to give us a roll away bed for free. Great....were was it going to go? On top of the baby? They only place it would fit in the room is right next to the main bed. Talk about co-sleeping. The suite is also not two rooms. It's only one long one and does not have a kitchen, large sofa, sink, bar, and full size fridge. It does have a small microwave and an even smaller fridge. Where are we supposed to wash the baby bottles? In the bathroom right next to the toilet of course.

By the time I get back downstairs Shamoopie has talked her into finding us a non-smoking suite. I am not sure where it came from but someone pulled it out of their ass. We checked in and went to our room only to find that the sink is clogged and the floor is wet. Too late, we are tired and by now my socks are wet from discovering that the floor was wet. The baby needed to eat and have a bath and then Shamoopie and I could finally try and get some sleep. We settle in and go to sleep.

The next morning we tell the desk clerk about the we floor and the sink. He says that they will send someone up and fix it.

When we get back that evening the sink is fixed but the floor is still wet. When we called downstairs they said that they don't have a shop vac so they didn't do anything to the floor. Shamoopie told them that Sears had them and they should buy one since they were a large hotel. I don't think he liked that.

Next morning we complained again and we were offered another room. We would need to pack up all the babies things and move ourselves to another room. Never mind.

Did I mention that breakfast wasn't free in this hotel. Every other Hilton Garden Inn I have stayed in breakfast is free. Here it's $50. You don't even get to seat yourself, they place you. You stall have to get your own food and make your waffles but they show you were you can sit. Nice. I have to get my own drinks and food and you then want to charge me $50. I can get waffles and eggs at the Waffle house for much less and they act like they want me there and I can pick my own seat.

That's what I didn't like the most, they acted like they didn't want us there, that we were there for their amusement only. If I want crappy service from people who don't like me I will stay with relatives.

The sad part is we have liked the other HGIs we stayed in, I like the layout and the cost was fine. The one in Savannah is just bad, really bad.

2 comments:

Andria said...

I hope you complained to corporate- the least they could do would be to comp you for a nights stay.

Bubblewench said...

I hope you filed one of those customer service cards. That's what they're for.

I've stayed in those and have always been happy. Sadly, as in Savannah, there is always one bad apple out there, and corporate NEEDS to know.

Copy & paste this post in a letter and send it to them. That would work perfect.

Google

Google