Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events

A series of unfortunate events have occurred recently. All around technology. I have my own webpage, well I should say had my own webpage. It seems that the site management company Total Choice Hosting forgot to renew my web address or what some people call the site name.

Yes I said forgot to renew my web address. That means that my name is now out in the pool for anyone to pickup. My website still exists but you can't get to it unless you know the server name.

I have been paying them for years to run this site and have had only minor problems, nothing major. They actually had been pretty good until now. This however is really really bad. It's their job to manage this. I was actually considering them to host a major site that I have been building for a non-profit. It would see a lot more traffic than my simple couple of pages. But I can't recommend them now as even an option without looking stupid. Forgot to renew the site. That's like a parent forgetting to feed the kid.

Idiots, I can't believe they did that. Then I look at what else is going on.

They are not alone in the idiot department. It seems that quite a few companies are being run by idiots. At least the ones handling my accounts. It gets funny when they try to charge me for their errors. I like that one the best.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

that is just not right. i hope they got this fixed for you with NO charge!

Fancy Pants said...

No...it cost me $90 to get my domain name back instead of the $10 for standard renewal.

I hate TCH. I need a place to move to.

Google

Google