Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Andy Summers vs Michael Greenfield

Fender has made an Andy Summers tribute telecaster guitar. It comes complete with all the scars, dings, and dents of Andy's regular guitar. Except the price is a little different. Andy paid one of his students a few hundred dollars for his guitar.

Fender is only asking $10,500 for a copy of it.

Sounds good to me. I will take two. Since Andy and I are such good friends. I could buy a few other Fender guitars for the price of one Andy Summers.

I own two Fender guitars at the moment. One Custom Shop Stratocaster and a Reissue Telecaster. I bought the Strat because it sounded and played well. The Tele I bought because very light weight ash is hard to find. The lighter the ash the better the sounding the telecaster. That is just my opinion. A heavy telecaster is easy to find. A light one is near to impossible. I only strummed one chord on it and I bought it from a friend of mine who works in a music store. He had set it aside for me when it arrived in the store and he had a chance to pick it up. He immediately called me.

They are the only two fenders that I have not sold a few months after i purchased them. And I have owned at least twenty or thirty Fender guitars.

$10,000 for something that you can make in your shed. People this is not and archtop or acoustic guitar that take months to build and large amounts of skill. It's a slab of ash or alder and some maple for the neck. The necks are bolted on for christ sake. Bolted, not even glued.

Michael Greenfield is an artist and you can buy one of his guitars for about the same money as the Andy Summers guitar. Please, buy one of Michaels before you buy anything like the AS guitar. Please. At least you will have something that was made by a craftsman.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

Ah, to be famous and rich and getting richer and richer off BS and marketing.

Google

Google