Saturday, December 1, 2007

Old friends

So...this weekend stated weird. Sort of. Friday night Shamoopie and I ran into my old college roomate "Pain in the Bass". I said " Hi, Pain in the Bass" and he said " and you are?". Well that was a shocker. He figured out who I was after a few moments but it was a shock to me. I introduced the Shamoopie and asked if he still lived with his mother. He did not live with her anymore, she was dead. He now lives alone in the house and is fixing it up. That's why he was in the store.

Shamoopie could not believe that he and I were the same age. That's when I told her that I was older than Pain. Shamoop enjoyed the stories that Pain told about me.

So the next day we went to a high school bazaar and who do we see there? Hoss. He is an old guitar playing buddy of mine. When Hoss got off the road with BJ Thomas we formed a country band. Shamoopie said you played "Country". Shocking I know. Hoss asked if I was still playing, I told him yes. The last time Hoss saw me was at a record company party where he and I played with some Nashville producers and others. Hoss used to play in a band called Heartwood before he played with the "Beege" as he called him. Hoss would say that he played with him during the limp wristed years.

I enjoyed playing with the Hoss man and his brother B the bass player. It gave me some funny stories. Now Hoss has a new band. We got to hear all about it. I am glad to hear that he is still playing.

Shamoopie quickly figured out that Hoss is a character. Since he told the story to her about the time he had a vasectomy and asked me to come over and mow his lawn because he was laid up, in pain, and had lost his manhood. The funny part is, I did it. I mowed his lawn because he had a vasectomy.

Hoss kept asking me why I haven't called. Maybe I will now as long as he doesn't need his lawn mowed. Come to think of it, my mower is broken, I wonder what Hoss is up to. He also informed Shamoopie about his addiction to Reeses Cups and how they are just like crack.

So far it has been an interesting weekend. I can't wait to see who we see tomorrow. :0

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

I always find it interesting when you run into people that you haven't seen in years. Obviously this was the case here too.

Google

Google