Saturday, December 15, 2007

My new buddy

I have a new buddy. We picked him up today at the local Petsmart. I usually don't like to pick up animals of any kind there but the local shelter had brought them out. When he looked at me I could not resist.

We named him Gibson after the guitar company. They had named him Baldwin after the piano company. Gibson owns Baldwin pianos. Which are not very good pianos. But that is a whole other story.

He is a chocolate lab and it looks like he ran away from a hunter. We think that he is four years old and he loves the couch as you can see.


He is big, 90 lbs at least. He is a sweet as he can be. The girls seem to like him. The Princess thinks that he is fantastic . The Smelse is not so sure about him. She has informed him who is boss and so far he has complied. We will have to keep an eye on that relationship. The Smelse has been giving me looks like "I can't believe you did this" and "How could you?".

Smelse is the old lady of the house and has seen her share of dogs come and go. I named her Smelse because of her butt and breath.
You see Smelse is a poo eater. Sweet delicious poo. And the poo eatin affects her butt. It's silent butt deadly and will curl your nose hair. Other than that she is the perfect dog.

Lovely has the Princess. She sleeps with her on her bed and has been a great dog for her. Shamoopie has the Smelse. I now have Gibson. Awesome!

I feel bad about the fact that Smelse has issue with him but he follows me everywhere and I finally have a dog. Lovely has not seen him yet. She will go crazy when she gets back and sees him.


He has a crate and we are going to keep him in there since they were not sure if he is house broken. We will need to keep an eye on him. So far so good. Crate training it is.

He is such a pretty dog.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

He is totally gorgeous! Thank you for bringing him home. He looks so 'right' with you and so happy.

Smelse - ok, how come I didn't know you had a dog with that name. That is the best name ever! (Next to Gibson which I totally dig too!)

Google

Google