Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cheap Hotels

If you think that you are getting a deal because they have reduced the price of the hotel room on-line. You are not. Shamoopie and I went to Nashville for the Gibson Summer Jam 2008 and the NAMM show. Since we left on a Wednesday night we decided to stop halfway there and stay in a hotel. Not wanting to leave anything to chance I booked a hotel room from Travelocity. The hotel was supposed to be $80 a night and I got it for $50. A deal.

Well it was not worth $30. When we got there the hotel clerk asked to see my drivers license, so I gave it to her. She them proceeded to photocopy it right in front of me. I can honestly say that has never happened to me before. When I got back in the car after getting our room key, I mentioned this to Shamoopie and she thought that it was because I had never stayed in a fleabag motel before. Fleas would be hard pressed to stay in this place.

I rather like all the cigarette butts on the ground outside our room and the loud mufflers on the pickup trucks as we tried to go to sleep. Then there was the deal with the television. We don't have one here so getting to stay in a hotel means that we can watch all kinds of garbage on tv and catch up on the crap on tv. Well this tv would not even turn on. So I called the fron desk and asked if the tv was extra. She said no and that she would send the mechanic to come and fix it. The mechanic came to our room and she was a 50 something short round woman with tatoos and missing teeth. She took the remote and pressed it then said "yep it's broken". She then tried to reprogram the remote for twenty minutes and when she finally gave up she walked out and said that she would be right back. Twenty minutes later she showed up with another remote. This one worked. Shamoopie thought at that point that the mechanic was going to sit down and ask us what we planned on watching tonight. You get free HBO you know!

Instead she just left.

Breakfast was included. There were some jelly packs. A couple of biscuits and a large crockpot of old looking gravy. If you felt ambitious you could make your own white toast from the open bags of bread and the small toaster. Awesome.

So we got in the car and went to the McDonalds just down the road.

No comments:

Google

Google