Sunday, June 15, 2008

15 Years in a nutshell

1) I have been a musician for as long as I can remember. This year I will have been playing guitar for three years longer than shamoopie has been alive. FYI, I am only 29 and holding. :)

2) Had a little girl named Lovely. Who has been and is very lovely. We have a great time together. I mock her profusley. :) She has started mocking me back.

3) Played in many rock bands, a country band, a blues band. The blues band one the local competition and ending up playing with Buddy Guy and others at local concerts.

4) Studied Jazz guitar with Howard Morgen for a year and a half until one day I told him that I could work on the rest of this by myself. He responded that "yes I could but I wouldn't see his smiling face every week." My response was that I won't have to pay him either and he said, "Well yes, there is that you know".

5) Still working on classical guitar. This has been a ten year work in progress. I can't seem to use my right hand properly but I am working on it. My goal is to play the Heitor Villa-Lobos pieces properly. It is a lofty goal right now.

6) Got divorced. I highly recommend it if you are unhappy with your current relationship. It's painful but well worth it and better than staying in a bad relationship and being miserable.

7) Worked for Big Pharma in drug research until they recently laid me off when they said that Genetics was not important to drug research. I have a much better job now and I am having fun working again. The last three years there were not much fun at all.

8) Started a non-profit with a friend of mine for global heath. It is more work than I care to mention. I didn't realize that BEFORE I started it. Starting it I hope is worse than running it.

9) Met and married the Shamoopie. She is the best person I know and is sweet to me and lovely and everyone she meets. That was a great day.

10) Had Mr. Kicky Pants with my Shamoopie. It was the longest 33 hours of labor and I was only wacthing and trying to give support. The boy has been trying to kill us both ever since. He had WAY too much energy for a four month old.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

Nice. Much better then I expected!

That's alright. I mentioned the Wizard for you in mine.

Google

Google