Sunday, October 21, 2007

Speaking of Bridezilla's

A woman at work wanted a guitarist to play for her rehearsal dinner. She asked me if I would play classical guitar, that her future husband wanted classical guitar. I declined but said that I would help her find someone.

I declined politely because when women get married and have all the pomp and circumstance that goes with a large wedding most of them become bridezillas. It's usually a temporary condition but sometimes not. I feared the worst in this situation. I recommended a friend of mine who is a four time Segovia competition winner and took a few lessons from Segovia himself. That's the person that they are going with. The rehearsal dinner is carolina barbecue. It's pork with a vinegar based sauce with classical guitar on the side. I was not aware of this when I gave her his number. I was thinking st down dinner not barbecue buffet with coldslaw.

The poor bastard. I will call him wen it's all over and see if he is still talking to me. My point is that the man has toured the world and trained for years to play really complex pieces of music to end up playing for a group of people who are eating barbecue and drinking. They will think that he's pretty good and someone may actually notice just how good he is. Maybe but I doubt it very much because it's all about the bride and her zillaness and not about the the guitar player who has worked his ass off for years.

Either way I am out of it ans ooooooh so glad that I don't do weddings anymore and that I have a job that fun and pays the bills.

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

OMG! Poor guy! That's a shame he gets the BBQ crowd... You'll be lucky if he's still talking to you!

Bubblewench said...

OMG! Poor guy! That's a shame he gets the BBQ crowd... You'll be lucky if he's still talking to you!

Google

Google