Sunday, October 21, 2007

Namaste Mofo

Shamoopie is laughing but she is a little upset that I have taken to saying "namaste mofo" as a greeting to people. I use the full term and not the abbreviated version. I think it pretty much sums up my attitude lately.

From Wikipedia 'Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you"

Mofo is a common insult and profanity in American English and in other varieties of the English language. The term, widely viewed as an obscenity, may be used by some in a neutral, or even positive way... Frank Zappa's band, The Mothers of Invention, were originally called The Mothers (shortened term for ...mofo...), but their record label refused to publish them under that name, and so it was changed.'

Since Frank was involved, I am thinking that it's all good since you can take it in a positive way.

Speaking of Frank I want to name the bird as he would have. Somethink like moonunit, dweezil, and what ever the other one was. He changed his name later in life. So I am thinking something like Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, PRS, or maybe Floyd Rose. :)

5 comments:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Namaste indeed.

And who is your editor? She needs to be fired.

Bubblewench said...

I like Floyd Rose.

Amie Adams said...

How's Canape feel about those names?

Amie Adams said...

PS--I'd love to put you in my Google Reader but it appears you don't have your site set to put out a feed. Let me know if you change that setting. I'd love to keep up with you.

Rico said...

Check out this website where you can get "Namaste Mofo" t-shirts.

http://www.namastemofo.com

Google

Google