Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Car repairs

So the Mercedes needed some general maintenance done. That's my car. It's a convertible. As it should be. We got a coupon in the mail from the dealership to do the service at what appeared to be a discounted some what normal price.

So Shamoopie makes an appointment and they offer a rental car if we drop it off during the day before 8am. Sounds good right?

Wrong. The rental car is just that a rental from one of the local rental places. They drive me to the place and the only car they have is a big white minivan. So I decline and they offer to drive me to more places until I get a car that suits me. Great, I get to waste all my time to get a car that should have been ready for me in the first place. It should have been at least a car that most people would drive. So I have them drop me off at the house and I drive the volvo. Yes the Volvo was a better choice than a beat up smelly minivan.

Then it gets better. The car needed an inspection. So the inspection was also scheduled. I get a call as soon as I get to work that they won't do an inspection since the tires are bad. I told them that they needed to do it anyway and fail it since you get 30 days to fix it and get it inspected again for free. But it means that you get the sheet of paper that says you attempted it so you won't get a $50 ticket for not having your car inspected. They still would do it because the car would fail. The only way that they would do the inspection is if I paid $1100-$1500 for four new tires. So I told her to stop the service which was supposed to take four hours to do since they were doing so much. She said she would and hung up.

I then get a call at 3:30 Pm from her telling me that the service was performed anyway because it was completed before she called me at 9am. Which either means that she lied about how long it take or lied about telling them to stop. Either way she lied. I was also informed that the service would be $400 that the coupon was only the starting point and because of my car the charge was more. But she did offer to take some money off since I didn't get the rental car that I was promised. Awesome.

So much for having a nice car. I am driving the Volvo until it stops.

3 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Damn Mercedes. That totally blows. I'm convinced car dealerships are all rip offs when it comes to repairs/coupons/warranties.. you didn't know me when I was going through my Huyndai warranty nightmare...

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

YOU BOUGHT A MERCEDES?!?!?!?!?

Fancy Pants said...

Opps...I guess I forgot to tell you. :)

Google

Google