Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Food prices - olive oil

Shamoopie sent me to the store for some olive oil. I got it and was shocked that one small bottle cost me $13. I noticed that food prices were up but ....

Yes I wrote $13. This was at least four times the price of the same amount of gasoline.

It may be oil but it grows on trees the last time I checked.

Me thinks that the recession is here and inflation has started. Oil is now $100 a barrel and olive oil is $400 a barrel.

This is just wrong people. Diet Coke is only $2 a case. Maybe I can cook with that?

3 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Sadly the soda will burn. Gotta love good olive oil though. $13 was cheap. You got off lucky.

Fancy Pants said...

You do know it's oil from an olive at $400 a barrel? :)

I am in the wrong business!

Bubblewench said...

Oh, i know how expensive olive oil is! Trust me!

I wonder if there is a business that combines waste management of the excess olive parts that are not made into oil? I bet that's a lucrative job!!

Google

Google