Thursday, April 10, 2008

So crappy to see u

As some of you may or may not know I have been on South Korea for the last week. Tomorrow I get to come home. The weather just turned nice and sunny. I am at the beach in Busan. My room overlooks the ocean and they are filming a Duncan Donuts commercial on the beach as I type this.

Korea is awesome. The people all speak English to some extent and seem to genuinely like visitors. Today I blew off the conference after my talk and went walking downtown. I found a fish market and oh my what a sensation of the old nostrils. Live els and fish in tanks waiting for people to buy them. My stomach has not been right since I was served my first authentic Korean meal. The only thing I have been able to eat is breakfast. Which luckily they make a traditional American breakfast. Up until today it has been my only meal. While walking I found a KFC. Then I continued walking after scarfing down "a number run combo prease"(sorry I couldn't resist) and soon realized that there is a KFC on almost every street.

Every street seems to have a KFC and a Duncan Donuts. Hence the need for the commercials. Why not. On TV, I have watched a lot since I can't seem to sleep more than three hours a night, they have full coverage of the Masters and American baseball. The hotel that I am in has a driving range, no golf course just an indoor driving range.

I like these people and I wish I could have brought Shamoopie and the whole family. When the weather is beautiful this place is beautiful. When the weather is bad, not so much. Cloudy and rainy this seaside town is depressing. As soon as the sun came out wow...what a difference.

Can't wait to get home to the wife and CC.

Cum som ni da----mo fo

3 comments:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

We miss you so much. I'm really glad we got the webcam working last night.

See you soon :)

Fancy Pants said...

Me wrikey so much of many days long time.

Me thinks that I have been spammed. Spam, spam, spam spam spam.

Bubblewench said...

Glad you had a decent trip. Get your ass home now. Thank you.

Next time, I want a refrigerator magnet.

ha ha ha - yes, you got spammed!

Google

Google